Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December


December 27, 2011

Window painting contest for work on Cardio thoracic ICU- A snowman my friend and I painted that just had open heart surgery!


The last few weeks have been full of many celebrations for our family- I turned 30, had my 7-year wedding anniversary & it was Christmas!

Somewhere in between that I managed to rescue two cute Rottweiler mix puppies that are about 8 weeks old. I have never had puppies’ before- let alone two so I’m sure those of you that have had puppies are probably laughing hysterically at me right now. I never intended to keep them but that decision was made final when I discovered that they had worms- and the joys of cleaning of poop and pee constantly! They went to a great home- lesson learned for me




For my birthday and Anniversary Justin & spent a wonderful day at a local spa. Complete with massages, facials, and mud baths all topped off with green goo in an underground grotto! We had a nice time but at the end of the day were exhausted! Since when did taking a nap sound like the most amazing treat? I feel like by heading into my 30’s I have learned a few things about life, marriage & motherhood. I think these years will be better than the last decade because I have become more of who I am. Here's to getting older!



This year we did not put up a Christmas tree because I did not want to deal with the drama and mess that my wonderful 19-month-old terrors would create! Instead we made sure the chimney was open for Santa, and he left all our presents by the fireplace! Carter was so excited to get some of the things off his list- this year he was really into it! Heidi & Garrett didn’t care too much but enjoyed the new toys. Justin & I stayed up most of the night- I just kept him company while he put together that huge play kitchen. Daddy laid down on the couch most of the morning- He is not used to vampires hours like Mommy!

















No comments: