February 10, 2011
Today Garrett said “mama” clear as a bell! The past few days he has been clapping his hands every time he sees me! When I woke up this morning I heard “mama” coming from his crib, he was totally clapping his hands too! Melts my heart…
Heidi started this afternoon saying “amama”, because Garrett will not outdo her! I love her laugh & smile that she is so cautious to share! She is crawling around on two legs and one arm; it looks so funny when they try those funky maneuvers! Garrett gets on all fours and rocks back and forth.
It seems like the past few days they are just doing so many new things! The joy of watching them is unbelievable!
Carter is getting so big he is such a boy. We are into transformers, super heroes, & imagination movers. We work on his letters and words most days, he tells me sometimes that school is hard and needs lots of breaks to play. Isn’t that the truth!
I was explaining to Carter that Mommy works (at the hospital taking care of other people) to take care of our family & so we have a place to live and food to eat. He told me today that Daddy should work so we have a house. He thinks hard about these things. The kid has some interesting interpretations of adult things.
When my sister was here we were talking about cancer. Carter asked me who she is and if she was a bad guy. I tried to explain that cancer is a disease that lives in your body & is a bad guy. I don’t know what else to say? Today he fell down and started crying a lot. He told me in that shrieking freaking out scream that cancer was in his body & for me to get it out? I guess I didn’t explain it well enough?
He is a little intense, guess the apple really doesn’t fall far from the tree.
I took all three kids, by myself to the hospital to eat lunch with Daddy & to Target. It was a very pleasant day we definitely have a niche. They were all pleasant, even without naps. Heidi & Garrett sat facing each other in the shopping cart seat & were quite pleased with themselves. I opened a box of teething biscuits and let them go to town (sure that contributed to their pleasantness).
Today was a happy mommy & kids day. Goodnight.
2 comments:
So glad it turned out well! I love you and those cute stinkers of yours!
The babies are getting so big!!! Carter is a little man, just too cute. It's amazing how children process things. :)
Post a Comment