Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wild animal park 2.4.2011

My darling baby sister turned 24 on Friday! I don’t even remember 24 al that well the last few years have been a “mass-mash” of life and babies, school & residency. Fay & I took her two kids and the twins to Wild Animal Park in San Diego. I usually love going there, it doesn’t have the same over rated rush, over stimulating, retail overwhelming feeling that Disneyland offers. You can just walk around leisurely, watching animals eat, poop and sleep. Who knew that would be so relaxing? The first half of the morning was sort of a disaster. Two adults to four kids that just were not happy in their fancy double strollers! We just needed more hands.

We made a small hike pushing strollers uphill to see the elephants. My butt has not had that burn in so long it almost startled me to break a sweat pushing that nightmare of a giant double stroller while having a baby strapped on in my ergo carrier! At least we laughed about it. None of the kids cared about the elephants; I thought they smelled really bad. They are cuter in cartoon renditions.

We then went to have “handimals” made, they paint your kids hand and draw an animal out of it upside down. That to me makes the whole stinkin’ thing worth it!

We then debated just leaving and going to eat, who doesn’t think food can turn a frown upside down? Turns out Barbara and Gary, Justin’s parents met us and brought Carter. It made a huge difference, having more hands to rotate kids, strollers, diapering and feeding!

The best part of the day for the kids was the merry go round. We went about six times. The best part for me- sitting on the comfortable chairs & eating French fries & drinking my diet coke, oh and the red velvet birthday bundt cake I bought Fay (don’t worry I helped her eat at least half of it)!

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAY FAY so glad you have been around for 24 years!








1 comment:

Fay said...

Thanks sis! I loved it! It was a blast! Thanks for helping make my birthday so special! Man I'm getting old ;-)