Do you ever get reacquainted with an old friend that makes you miss a time of your life that is passed? An old friend of mine got married Saturday night. She was a very close friend in college; we were on the speech and debate team together & roommates at UCSD. We lived in a 1-bedroom apartment in La Jolla that was walking distance from campus. If you opened our back porch door you could smell the ocean that was less than a quarter mile away. She was my maid of honor at my wedding, which we had a little falling out before I got married. Vanessa and I had this grand trip planned to back pack through Europe and stay in different hostels along the way. We were going to do it the fall of 2004. I had met Justin a year before that and we started dating. Justin had a huge issue of me backpacking alone with Vanessa. It caused a lot of problems in our relationship. I finally backed out of the trip, which then cost me my friendship. I can’t blame her- I would be so pissed too! Looking back on it I should have gone, because I realize now that I will never be able to do that like I could have! Vanessa has always been such a beautiful person- she has always been able to keep and maintain friendships. She married an awesome guy & I couldn’t be happier for them! I miss her in my life! Too often having a family, career & other pursuits does not leave too much time for friendsJustin and I had a fantastic time! It has been too long since we had a date! Her wedding was so amazing! The food was great, entertainment was fun & we loved the photo booth and candy bar! Ness looked so beautiful as always!
Justin and I had a great time dancing and spending time alone. I got all dressed up- new shoes, new dress, nails & toes done! Barbara lent me a real mink coat & antique handbag that was Justin’s Great grandmas. She had a dress shop in Hawaii. I hope sometime in the future I can reconnect with my old friend! There are so many awesome people that have been apart of my life that I have lost touch with. I know that it is a little unrealistic, as lives and people change but I have really valued those friendships!


No comments:
Post a Comment