Friday, November 5, 2010

Bones



Bones

Every week my sister comes up to my house to hang out! She has a 20-month-old boy & a four-month-old girl. Five kids to 2 adults! Carter & Brayden act like brothers- they play, they fight; they wrestle & mimic each other. I love having someone else interrupt my craziness & adding to it! We were even wild enough to take all the kids to the mall? Why do I feel the need for so many outings? I guess I am not much of a homebody & if I don’t take the kids I can’t go.

We spent most of the time in the amazing mother’s lounge area. It had two large bathrooms, four breastfeeding stalls, and three couches to lounge around in! There was plenty of room to park my doublewide Cadillac size stroller comfortably! Super fun shopping trip, we mostly Fed babies & helped little boys go potty.

Carter is in a “Why” phase. We had one of these philosophical moments while he was pooping in a family bathroom. After he insisted on stripping down so that the bottom half was naked (he does that at home to? Not sure why) He proceeded to tell me that we needed to talk. Too funny.

“Mommy “Why do we not touch the potty here but at home we do?”

“Mommy because there are no germs at home but there are yucky’s here?”

“Mommy listen, we can’t touch anything. It’s got poop on it here right?”

“Mommy listen, why do we not play cars on the ground in the bathroom?”

“Mommy what happens if we put the cars in the toilet? Does it get plugged? Does the plumber come with his tool to take it? Does the car go to the ocean like Nemo in the toilet?”

I have to wonder what goes on in his head- why do I wonder? He explains it all to me- I just need to get with the program!

That Monday that I passed out for a few hours after work Carter came up in the room to take a nap with me. When I woke up I saw that there was pen drawings all over the sheets, and pen drawings all over his legs, arms & stomach. I asked Carter what he was doing. I was sure this had to be a good explanation. Why deny myself a good laugh?

He told me that he had bones under his skin (correct assumption). He then told me how if he did not draw them we couldn’t use them or see them. Huh? Where does he get this? It is pretty cute listening to him most of the time! Everyday I have to make sure the pens are out of reach so he doesn’t make his “bones come out”. His new nickname is bones.

Halloween came & went. I think I am one of the few who just does not like Halloween. I did not dress up the babies, and I was not going to let Carter trick or treat either. Last minute when Gary was passing out candy to trick or treaters Carter wanted to wear his Tiger. We threw on an outfit and Justin took him to a few houses. I went to work, as I was leaving I heard Carter tell all the kids to come to his house for Candy, guess who rung our doorbell? It was Carter! He wanted some skittles. He mostly just wanted all our loot.

As I was putting Carter to bed last night he told me how he was a baby and did not want to go to bed yet. He said I could hold him on the computer & watch Mater’s tall tales. He also told me he wanted his baby rattle in the bed. We have a rule- no toys in the bed- he was trying to get me to let him have his rattle or cars in the bed. He is too funny.

The babies are five months old & are different as night and day. Garrett is so happy & laid back. Heidi is so picky & ornery. If she gets her way she is just a peach! They are both trying to sit up unsupported, and can do so for a few seconds. They are talking up a storm, laughing and reaching for things. Garrett is able to grab things very well & even reaches out both arms for me. Heidi doesn’t reach yet but she can sort of roll over which Garrett has not yet. They both push up on their arms really well. They still love to be held (duh, what baby doesn’t?) Heidi loves to make faces at herself in the mirror, and cries when she is not the center of attention. When I pick Garrett up from the floor where they are playing she cries until she gets picked up! What a stinker. She also tries to keep the conversation centered on her- if you look at something else she quickly reminds you that she is there talking to you!

It is so funny how distinct their personalities are at such a young age! Garrett is so patient, he always has to wait to eat or be held. He doesn’t even seem to mind much. If it is a problem he just whimpers & does this whiny voice that is in between a cry & laugh. I am so in love with these babies I look forward to playing with them everyday. I hate being away from them so much with work, but I have to work until Justin is done. My retirement plan is with in reach- two to three years from now! Just in time for another! Ha-ha just kidding, three is enough!














No comments: