Thursday, September 23, 2010

4 months

September 23, 2010

It has been a few days since I have written We have had some friends visiting from back east that went to medical school with Justin. They have a 2 year old son named Jonah, he & Carter have played very well, despite Carter’s (legit) OCD. Carter has to line all his cars up a certain way & will freak out if they are moved out of place.

I claim that I have no such tendencies- after all my organized correct placement of things is completely normalJ

We have had a lot of comic relief around this house lately.

A few more outings with twins- another trip to Target, where all the fun happens.

We packed up the babies for Garrett’s appointment for his ears. He has some pointy ear thing that needs surgical correction when he is older. Glad I paid $20.00 for the plastic surgeon to say come back in three years. Lame.

Wonder how much he got paid to touch my son’s ears and say I can’t do anything now. I guess that is why he went to school for 14 years He deserves it I suppose. No he really does, I’m just saying.

So after the two-hour wait at the Dr. office we went to Target to buy all the useless necessities that take up all the extra money you have to spend. While we were in Target both babies decided to have massive poop explosions. I knew if I took them all the way to other side of the store they would be done with our outing. I decided to change them in a not so discreet location- the back of the water aisle next to change diapers. It was desperate, it was smelly, we got a couple of looks from people passing by (probably from the aroma) but we were able to finish our shopping. After the massive poops they twins were starving. We got everyone loaded into Barbara’s minivan. The car seats were on either side in the captain chairs, the back seat had Carters seat in the middle & all the groceries on either side of the bench. Barbara needed to stop at the fabric store to pick up some tulle from the headbands. I stayed in the car & was planning on feeding babies. I thought we were at a point where I could prop them up in their seats & feed each of them at the same time. I tried to squeeze into Carter’s seat in the back and lean over the seats to feed them. Brilliant, I know. So once Heidi starts puking & Garrett is about to- which one do I pick up? The least disastrous option would be Heidi since she already lost her meal. I picked Heidi up since she is screaming. Garrett has now thrown up everywhere too. Fun times. I try to pick Garrett up while holding Heidi; once I do they both throw up again down my shirt. They very thing I was trying to avoid- being slimed. Oh well. At least its funny.

They are four months old today! Talking up a storm, trying to sit up when you hold their hands & Heidi is getting a tooth! It must be one of those milk teeth!

I cannot remember what life was like without them. So much has happened & changed in the short 16 weeks they have been in our lives. I was pregnant longer than they have been here! They are doing great- trying to sleep at least six hours in a row.

How is it now that I am getting more sleep than I have since March that I am more tired! Makes no sense!

This morning I took their pictures- neither one of them wanted to wake up- they were so sleepy! We have started using the Bumbo chairs too- they are a little small for them but look so cute with their bobbling heads!











1 comment:

Abbigail said...

They are so amazing. My little one is just over four months now too. He is no good at his bumbo chair. He is a whopper and weighed 18 and a half pounds at his check up. My arms are tired with only one baby. Not sure how you do it.
My Harry reminds me a little of your little boy. They have a similar look. I have thought of you often even though I am not sure we have even ever met. But I am your Mom's cousin and we both love your Grandma!