Friday, August 13, 2010

Most valuable player

My MVP

Justin my best friend, father of my babies (duh).

The man that knows how I am doing even before I do.

The man that I can wake up in desperation at 5 am to feed a baby that has not stopped crying all night.

The man that is so diligent and hard working I wonder where he finds the ability.

I admire him for so many reasons.

The obvious ones- super sexy J, does laundry & dishes

Goes to the store to buy me breast pads & tampons

Cleaned up my vomit in the shower, sink and toilet when I was pregnant. (gross).

Changes our babies diapers, rocks them and soothes them with sweet whispers all hours of the days & nights.

He is freaking hilarious too!

The man has many talents. As you all know passing inordinate amounts of gas included.

We have been married for five-ish years.

During that time we both were and are learning to grow up but I think we are getting it lately.

Mutual love and respect. He is better at it than me most the time.

Small things are done for the other person, letting me sleep when you are tired too. Being my biggest supporter next to God.

Being so committed to our family, something that is not guaranteed in this world.

We have made it through medical school, nursing school, part of residency, two rough pregnancies, continuallyfinding balance in life & our careers.

He wants me to be the best I can be, no matter how many degrees or crazy adventures I dream about pursuing.

I get fixated on goals or projects and too often drag him along for the ride, and he follows behind picking up the slack.

Sometimes I want to wring his neck, especially when he is right and I refuse to listen. Especially then, most definitively.

I pick fights with him

I push him really hard.

He is always up for the challenge (or at least he pretends to be).

A man that will not entirely put up with all my crap or let me do whatever I please.

That is love. Friendship.

Lets not forget to include the hormonal roller coaster I am frequenting lately that he is on the bloody side of the crash.

He even eats my cooking experiments.

About the only thing I can consistently cook well is soup.

Here is to our soup, may it get more savory with time.

To my best friend & babies' daddy, I love you.

No comments: