Monday, August 16, 2010

Another Day in Paradise….



August 16, 2010

Another Day in Paradise.

It is incredibly amusing and therapeutic for me to write about my not so exciting, very ordinary life.

I live for the weekends. Justin helps in a big way and I actually sleep half the night.

Its ironic that I still crave more sleep and forgot what well rested or more than 4 hours in a row feel like! Anyways.

Sunday I got an itch to be productive and actually do something in the house.

I believe that the itch came from the large sugar free vanilla ice coffee, and four cans of diet coke, & banana. YUM.

It felt so awesome to clean out baby clothes and sort through things too small or stained.

I vacuumed, rearranged furniture, & washed my bedding.

When I went to find new sheets to on I had no idea where they were? I only own two sets of sheets for our bed and it makes me crazy when I cannot locate the spare.

I then proceeded to pull everything out of the linen closet and organize it.

A set shelf for washcloths, towels, SHEETS and baby sheets

WOW. Why? Who knows... It will all be undone in a week.

I was so proud. It took all day. I should have napped but I just wanted to “do something” that I felt accomplished something.

The days and nights seem to be a blur rocking in the chair.

I think I have now seen every episode of “Cold case”, “without a trace”, “Criminal minds” and every “House hunters” episode.

I have now broadened my horizons and have discovered a show called “Whale wars”, coming in close seconds- “Animal hoarders”, “I didn’t know I was pregnant” & “Pregnant at 70”.

I really usually HATE TV too.

I am very determined to figure out how to care for all three of my children. The days have arrived when I am alone with them, with very little sleep and all three hungry, tired or needing some love all simultaneously.

Like how I started the bedtime routine at 6pm, I got everyone bathed by myself in shifts. Fed and ready to be put down by 8:30pm.

Success? Ha-ha. Then fast forward to 10pm, no one in bed and time to feed again.

*Sigh*- Where do I begin?

This was all post Heidi vomiting four oz of formula, Garrett with a poop explosion and Carter spilling water all over his jammies, screaming with fingers in his ears to ignore me.

Fun times. You just have to laugh or you will cry.

Start baths over and try again. Forget my shower. Spit up is my new perfume. I never thought I could go so many days without washing my hair. Its quite amazing actually.

The whole patience thing is hard when you don’t sleep, and your previously cooperative 3 year-old has regressed.

I am pretty sure sleep is not in my near future.

I just want to pull my hair out sometimes. Okay most all of the time.

So I need to figure out a way to be gentle and loving to my children that are just being children, Carter especially. He always asks me to play with him when I am feeding a baby, which is pretty much all the time.

He asks to go to the park, play soccer or go to the museum like we use to do. Poor guy. He is desperate.

Even asking to be rocked again, and telling me that he doesn’t want me to be a mommy to the twins.

Bless his heart.

I know we will get back there shortly and this will all be a blur.

I know too how fast Heidi & Garrett will grow

How I will not believe that they were ever that small. Its quite amazing- this motherhood thing.

Then that most of time wanting to scream and pull out my hair vanishes for a second or two when I rock the babies and they smile, laugh, coo or make their little baby noises. Or when Carter pulls one of his hilarious stunts or asks me to go on a train to see dinosaurs or some other wildly imaginative thing he conjures up.

Nothing like it in the world, there are not even any close seconds.

No comments: