Sunday, April 11, 2010

Update


After my OB appt. last Tuesday I found out I was 2 cm dilated but not as effaced (thinned out) as I was with Carter at 26 weeks. I went straight to the hospital for fetal monitoring and for steroids to speed up the babies’ lung development. M OB let me go home again that night since I wasn’t regularly contracting. I went in the next day again for a shot and more fetal monitoring. The babies are doing ok and the FFN test came back negative. It is a good indicator that if negative means delivery is not likely within the next couple of weeks.

OB orders: BEDREST! I still have bathroom privileges, can go down the stairs once a day and back up, can make myself a sandwich but mostly need to be in bed! This is enjoyable for a day or two then it gets challenging! I realized how anal I am about having my kitchen clean since now it is a mess! I also realized how much work it takes to care for a 3 year old, especially when you cannot! Poor Carter told me yesterday that it was time to get up! I feel bad for Justin too- on top of being a resident and working long hours he has to do everything that I usually do! He works all day and then needs to study at night and pick up all the slack! We have called in family members and friends to offset some of these stressors! We are so blessed to have so many awesome people in our lives willing to help out!  The ultimate goal is to get these babies here at a safe time! These few weeks inside can impact their health and well being for the rest of their lives! Carter turns 3 on Tuesday April 13th & I will also be 27weeks!  We have an OB appt. too so we will see how well my cervix is holding up & how the babies are doing! Please continue to keep us in your prayers! 

No comments: