Last night Justin stayed up late putting the Train table and tracks together that Nana & Papa bought him. We told Carter that he was going to have a gigantic surprise when he woke up in the morning!
I really wanted to make his birthday special this year because it is his last as an only child.
We took down his crib (that he has not slept in for months) and put his new train table in its place. We set it up in our room and were able to get it out the door but it did not fit through Carter's doorway! We very quietly removed all the tracks to tip the table sideways to get it through. We tried so hard to be quiet as we reassembled the track- it is not as easy as it looks!
I put balloons all over his room and Nana brought helium filled ones and a birthday crown!
I wanted to catch his expression when he woke up but Carter slept in until 8 am. He came running in our room and said "Mommy-Daddy you got me some tracks?" I have never seen him so excited! He kept dancing around and saying "wow look at this guys!" as he discovered each nosie and little detail.
I think this was a memorable start to his birthday!
We had a very busy day. He had a pizza party at his pre-school and a game night at Chucky-cheese (Justin could not wait to take him- I HATE those places!!! )
Overall I think he felt very special on his 3rd birthday! We are looking forward to many more!
No comments:
Post a Comment