Crossing my fingers…..
Tomorrow I am finally 26 weeks! We have an OB appointment and she is going to start checking my cervix. I am worried. With Carter at 26 weeks I was dilated 2 cm, 90% effaced and placed in the hospital on bed rest- and there we went on a rocky ride for the duration of the pregnancy until Carter was born. With much begging my OB let me go home provided I adhered to the strict rules of doing nothing. I then learned that I am not a “do nothinger” person. In fact I cannot stand it! Just look at my life- Wife, Mom, full-time RN, graduate student & leader in Sabbath school. I love marking up my stupid day planner and accomplishing tasks. Its rather silly I think!?
I have been at home since 22 weeks and have furiously worked to take care of most of my projects and obligations before I get benched for the duration of the pregnancy- I realized a few things…
I like not having too much going on, I love spending time with my son! In fact I am a little sad that soon I will be whisked away from him to care for the two new miracles I prayed for, and adjust to the demands of having 3 kids! I still cannot believe that I am going go from one child to three! A little bit scary! I know that I will love these babies like crazy but it will no longer be just us, me & Carter.
Then another thought dawned on me- what if I have to stay in the hospital for several weeks and can’t even see Carter?!? Because of the whole swine flu deal no children are allowed in the hospital, period. I just want these babies to be safe and if that is what it takes then I will do it. I just don’t want to leave Carter. How do you explain that to a 3 year old? Useless worries I know… Thanks for the vent cyberspace.
Laura
1 comment:
Laura..they're not useless worries! I started crying too when I found out I couldn't see my little boy when I was in the hospital...And for me it was only three days, I can't imagine what you're feeling. I think it's completely normal to have all those feelings about your first child...Besides, Carter is going to be such a great big brother, and be so good at entertaining those babies for you :)
Post a Comment