What a word means
Lately Carter has been telling me the things he loves me more than- and then asking in return what I love him more than.
So far he loves me than
Dog food
The universe
Toys
Marshmallows
French fries
I love him more than diet coke, which is HUGE.
That is how he understands my love- more than diet coke.
Carter means more to me than diet coke
I would sacrifice diet coke for him
I guess that it is a start.
I think that the only time love is not a conscious choice is when we love our kids.
If we are aware of that love we put everything for ourselves aside to benefit them- no matter how hard the sacrifice.
Other people in life we love we have to weigh out the rest of the package and decide what we love more- and keep choosing that person over the “others”
That person OR our job, OR our (insert whatever here), but whatever we are choosing to place before that love can essentially take priority or precedence, whether accidental or intentional. Everyday we make that choice- and have to decide what we love the most.
When trying to explain the meaning of work, sleeping and other necessaries in life Carter asked if I love those more than him.
What a complex little boy at just four years old.
When he approached me yesterday asking what does “THE FUCK” mean- I was speechless.
Okay I laughed out of shock!
He said it without the usual meaning or angst that accompanies it when adults say it.
To him he needs me to assign meaning for it. I couldn’t. Because he just wouldn’t understand the complexity-of how it is used
There wasn’t even a simple way to help him understand.
Some things are like that. He wont be satisfied with a simple it’s a very bad word we can’t say it.
I guess he is like me. I just have to know, even if it is not so pleasant!
In the meantime working on those choices of love.
No comments:
Post a Comment