So my lovely friend just had her second baby.
When I had the twins she came to visit
I had so much fun even though it was insane
We went to Disneyland
She hung out with me
Fed a baby
changed a baby
Helped with all the crap
I was chatting with her on the phone about the woes of balancing motherhood, a career & trying to maintain a relationship with your husband.
Forget about the time needed to embrace and spoil yourself, to recharge.
I think it is a universal truth that is the sacrifice of motherhood- your sanity and yourself.
Which we all gladly accept, we just adjust.
So what do we mothers do?
Have you met me?
We get all our crazy kids together and let them supervise themselves while we pretend we are out for coffee and a movie.
We pretend because we need to get out and find those who share our struggles
Haha.
I am taking the kids, by myself probably on a plan to St. Louis in October to visit this friend.
The more I think about it-
the trip there is going to suck and so will the trip back
BUT
once we get there-
I can spend time with a friend who can relate to the demands of a career, raising
small children and a husband who is about to start a fellowship that may require everyone moving to a new foreign place.
Who can say they have that much in common?
We can.
We will sacrifice a few minutes of sleep after the children are quiet to
laugh, complain, relate and probably cry a little or a lot about it.
Good Stuff.
Worth jumping on a plane with three little ones to have that time.
So here is to doing crazy things to spend time with people that help you feel sane.
See you in a few weeks D!
No comments:
Post a Comment