Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sock in the face


Fay + Laura+ all our offspring= insanity
Just ask the people who went to the Soup Plantation in Temecula to enjoy a quiet lunch.
There was Fay & I taking up a whole back section of the restuarant.
The table busers kept giving us a dirty looks.
As if we weren't gonna clean it up
(No tip for rude side bar comments people)
Two double strollers.
Three high chairs
Two WILD BOYS
Food all over the place
A couple trays dumped on the floor
a glass or two knocked over
Not sure if anyone ate enough to qualify for a meal.
Fay & I barely stuffed our faces
Two sisters laughing at all the people staring at us and our entourage
It took teamwork.
Especially when Carter shouted (Really loud) that he had to go poop.
I took Carter and Brayden to the bathroom
(Fay hung out with the triplets)
Carter ran in and locked the stall.
Next thing I hear is "Mom I want privacy"
Next thing I see is a pair of shoes, underwear and shorts on the ground.
Uggh.
Brayden kept knocking and asking if Carter was going stinky pooh poop.
Carter said he would be done in a minute that he had a few more poops to go, that we needed to be patient for him to get done.
Next thing I hear is rustling of toilet seat covers.
And most the tiolet paper on the floor.
Carter wouldn't unlock the stall.
How Do they know how to render you helpless in public?
I contemplated making Brayden crawl under the stall but that probably would have lead to more trouble.
After more Mommy threats and banging on the door
A smiling, very seemingly proud little four year old opened the door stark naked in a public bathroom with all the paper good strewn aroung him, bent over asking me to wipe his bum.
With what? All the TP was on the ground.
(Enter LARGE EXASPERATED MOMMY SIGH HERE)
I think he tops denise the menace.
I am pretty sure the other two are going to follow in his footsteps.
I hope I survive.
What a day.
We had planned to go to the movie in the park again but decided against it because none of the kids napped longer than the car rides from place to place.

Back to Fay's house after the outing and trying to get my kids to sleep in a pack &play hoping desperatley that Fay and I can have some grown up time.
Watch a movie. Talk without playing interference with the kids.
Every one was so tired.
Me included.
Sometimes I wish I could shut my eyes in a peaceful slumber when the urge strikes.
Haha
Fay says you get up and move around then you won't feel so tired and you can get your stuff done.
She says this as we are both laying down, letting Carter and Brayden terrorize her house unsupervised.
As I heard Heidi screaming bloody murder in the next room while Garrett was trying to sleep
The urge to cry hit me.
I get so tired of all the screaming- including the screaming that I feel like I do too much.
I think having three small kids SUCKS sometimes.
That no matter what coping skills I have I get pressed to the limit
It is hard to stay organized, make sure everything is done
To stay patient
To play with them
Because sometimes the Mommy tasks don't leave enough room to enjoy the kids as you want.
My eyes filled up with tears.
I thought I would sob uncontrollably.
Then my sister hit me in the face with a pillow and I couldn't stop laughing.
We quickly loaded my car.
Loaded my kids.
They were out before I drove a mile.
Sisters are good stuff.
Thanks Fay for the sock in the face.
Somtimes I need a little reminder.

2 comments:

blue with white highlights said...

love the pic of the food fest. hugz (& a butt pinch!)

blue with white highlights said...
This comment has been removed by the author.