Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I need a cold drink

We were driving in the car last week when Carter let out a big sigh and said

“Mom I need a cold drink. “

I asked him exactly what he had in mind?

He said he needed a big glass of milk.

Guess I have said how I NEED COLD DIET COKE too OFTEN.

Milk is to Carter what Diet Coke is to me, what booze is to an alcoholic.

We all have our vice.

I had the best Mother’s Day this year. We got up and went to Laguna Beach, just the five of us. Just sun, sand and sunburn (for me).

I sat on the blanket most of the day listening to the waves, smelling the salty air and feeling the cold breeze on my skin.

I felt peace as I watched the waves lose their crash on the beach.

They just sort of settled in and dissipated.

They were no longer loud furious waves but now still, quietly being pulled back out into the ocean.

I love the ocean noise.

It brings me peace to look out and see nothing but God’s massive body of water that runs into the sky and swallows the sun.

Then we ended our day with Gelato. I hope we get to go again soon.

It’s my quiet spot.

I love being with my little family.

No comments: