May 10, 2011
Fruit Loops and Corn Flakes
So about three am last night at work I had an epiphany while I was eating two bowls of cereal with skim milk.
I just figured out all the answers to my life problems. (just bear with me here )
Corn flakes
They are everything good for you, they have fiber, they are sort of nutritious.
They are a solid way to start your day.
They are the epitome of calm and stable.
They can also be boring. No sugar, no bright colors, no sweet taste.
Just the flakes.
Enter Fruit loops.
Colorful, bright, fun, sweet tasting
But you really cannot eat fruit loops everyday. They are not good for you.
Too many crazy colors and tastes
Life is about balancing fruit loops and corn flakes. I have a lot of corn flakes and I try to eat too much of the fruit loops simultaneously.
So the point
Here it is….
I am going to try to unload some fruit loops and chill with just the corn flakes for awhile.
Translation –
I am going to finish this quarter. Take a break.
I am going to just work one job, three shifts a week.
I am going to start exercising again to cope with my stress.
I am going to play with my kids this summer.
I am going to work on my patient mother skills that have disappeared.
Life’s cornflakes are good. I’m gonna lay off the fruit loops for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment