Thursday, January 6, 2011

God is bigger than the boogie man

Carter has been expressing a lot of fear about everyday things like going to bed alone or me leaving him in a room alone.

I have always been a worrier, a scared- y cat.

I am afraid or worried about other things.

Big giant not likely to happen in my life or to my family things.

Man my imagination gets the best of me....

I think fear is something we all struggle to overcome.

Really I don't think we actually overcome it, we either wait for the thing we fear to play out, or put it away somewhere in our heads with the other uncomfortable things & we (especially me) beg God not to be so afraid.

When we are little the fears are small, but as we grow so do the scary things.

There are more monsters, boogiemen, & dark places.

Some of us have things looming over our heads that will shatter our lives and break our hearts. I know I talk a lot about illness but it is a part of my everyday life,

not for me but I watch from the cheap seats as people watch their worst fears come to fruition.

Loss, pain, suffering...

I guess what we all have to remember at some point within us, with others and to God is that fear really can overtake our thoughts and lives if we LET IT.

The tricky part is figuring out how to not let it. Somehow give that monster to god.

Let him fight those boogie men. He will even if we pick fights with them.

I must have lost my instruction book, any one have one I can borrow?

When all else fails- turn to some really wise vegetables named

Bob & Larry....

You were lying in your bed,

You were feeling kind of sleepy,

But you couldn't close your eyes because the room was getting creepy.

Were those eyeballs in the closet?

Was that Godzilla in the hall?

There was something big and hairy casting shadows on your wall.

Now your heart is beating like a drum,

Your skin is getting clammy,

There's a hundred tiny monsters jumping right in to your jammies!

Bob: What are you going to do?

Junior: I'm going to call the police!

Bob: No. You don't have to do anything!

Junior: What? Why?

Bob: Because...

God is bigger than the boogie man.

He's bigger than Godzilla and the monsters on TV.

Oh, God is bigger than the boogie man,

And he's watching out for you and me.

Junior:

..So when I'm lying in my bed,

And the furniture starts creeping,

I'll just laugh and say "Hey! Cut that out!"

And get back to my sleeping.

'Cause I know that God's the biggest, and He's watching all the while,

So when I get scared, I'll think of Him, close my eyes and

smiiiiiiiiiiiiile!!!

God is bigger than the boogie man.

He's bigger than Godzilla and the monsters on TV.

Oh, God is bigger than the boogie man,

And he's watching out for you and me.

Monster #1: So are you frightened?

Junior: No not really!

Monster #2: Are you worried?

Junior: Not a bit! I know whatever's gonna happen, that God can handle it!

Frankencelery: I'm sorry that I scared you when you saw me on TV.

Junior: Well that's ok, 'cause now I know that God is taking care of me!

God is bigger than the boogie man.

He's bigger than Godzilla and the monsters on TV.

Oh, God is bigger than the boogie man,

And he's watching out for you and me.

He's watching out for you and me.

Watching, watching, watching!

Out for you and meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

1 comment:

Heang said...

I realized I know this veggie tales song! Hahaha! It's easy to forget that God is there for me and that He's bigger than anything that scares me.

I enjoy reading your posts...just when I think my life is hectic with one little babe, you put things in perspective for me! :P