December 25, 2010
Merry Christmas.
Today I am grateful, not because of the presents I unwrapped.
(We actually skipped gifts this yearJ).
I remembered today how blessed I am to have my 3 healthy children at home with me safe in my arms.
My sister posted a link to a blog of a family who lost their little boy on Christmas Eve. Their life changed in an instant, their hearts were shattered and there is no consolation in that tragedy. The father is a pastor and clearly understands God’s plan of salvation, and that losing his little boy was just a result of sin- God was not to blame. The pain and torment that they must feel is real, even though they understand God’s plan.
When I worked on the PICU I understood how quickly things can happen- how terrible, horrible freaky accidents and other diseases can just break a child’s body. It was terrifying to watch sometimes as you furiously worked to do what could be done.
I cannot even imagine how it feels to actually watch your baby fight and struggle only to lose the battle with the flesh. That there is a point where there is nothing we can do, the disease takes over their little bodies and the parents are they’re feeling helpless.
Good thing we are not hopeless.
I wonder if that is how Mary felt, watching her son, our Savior Jesus in the flesh being broken, hanging on the cross, ravaged with pain. Ouch. It was till Mary’s sweet little baby, regardless of him being God. I’m sure she just felt how mothers feel toward their children. Im sure it was devastating.
We do not have to look far to see the suffering that us mortals can be faced with, that at any moment our health, our children, our lives can be taken. I am grateful to have a loving God that gives us hope. Hope that we can see our babies and other loved ones in heaven someday, that this mortality does not have the last word.
Sometimes I like to complain about my life, that it is hard, that I am tired, that I am broke because I chose to take more time off work. Really I do not think that we all have far to look to be grateful either. We just have to stop and realize that the ordinary things are what make life extraordinary.
To see Samuels story click here
lothblogs.wordpress.com
Please remember this family in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment