Thursday, October 14, 2010

3 kids & a Mommy

October 13, 2010
Today was quite a day. I was feeling confident, I felt like I could handle this whole Mom of 3 kids age three & under. I forgot that I am only one person, with two arms.
Today Justin went to work. Barbara needed to go home last night, she is just as exhausted as I am (God bless that woman). I have to work an 8 hour night shift at Kaiser. How will I survive? i work harder than I ever have in my whole life all day long without a break, then work all night long (actually getting paid).
Today started out with me having a plan. I was going to be ahead of the game. I was going to wake a baby up so I could stagger feeds, I was going to make EVERYONE take a nap, the dog included. So how did that work out? Not so good.
This was the worst morning I have ever had with the kids. Go figure. Justin had to stay very late at work & Barb didn't get to the house until 0930pm. Of course, thank you universe for wreaking havoc on my day, a day when I needed it to go smooth.
It started off with Garrett waking up very unhappy- which is not like him at all, looking at the wall makes him happy. So I feed him, Heidi is up screaming too- what happened? Mornings are usually the best time with the babies- they are so happy! I love to coo & play with them! Carter is the same- whining & unhappy. I think we all woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Can we all just go back to bed? I will gladly take a do over.
Breakfast with Carter was a fight & I bet you cannot guess every second of every thing I asked him to do was an argument. Crying, sleepy babies that both needed snuggling & a 3 year old that needed a spanking, a time out, a vacation, a playmate & some love. I figured out when I am consumed with the babies Carter acts up & tries to get attention however he can. I know its normal behavior but I can't drop everything to appease him. It escalates. I send him to his room. He is crying & having his fit throwing session alone. I get Garrrett back down to sleep, then work on Heidi. Its only 1000am. Lord help me. Get the babies in their cribs. Try to get Carter to calm down, feed him lunch, reason with him, talk it out & get him in bed. Finally. A nap for me too!!! Hooray! Carter falls asleep. I lay my head on my pillow. Close my eyes, YES! Then the phone rings, the dog starts barking Babies wake up. This sucks. But I did it. We survived. ?i was alone with kids until 0930pm. i got everyone bathed, fed & they all were still alive by the time reinforcements arrived. Even though it was a bit of a nightmare- I am proud of myself. It can be done, & it doesn't have to be done well. Can't wait until 0800am when I can crawl in bed & sleep.

No comments: