September 3, 2010
I thought we were turning a corner with the new reflux meds & changing formula to a partially digested one instead of the $36 a can Nutramigen…
Guess I jinxed it!
Poor kids can’t catch a break!
It is almost comical the way that they throw up so much, like a well-orchestrated TV program exaggerated for amusement.
Except it’s not that amusing anymore.
The puking has still retained the shock factor, like when
Garrett shoots a few ounces across a room. Wow. What talent.
Heidi sits up over your shoulder and leaves mystery puddles all over the floor to be discovered later- I don’t notice the dripping down my arm anymore and onto the floor effect. Talent I tell ya!
Every time Justin holds them they share at least 2 ounces on his clothes. He gets so mad- I just laugh. He told me he is done holding the babies. I laughed some more.
It’s all I ever do.
Enter me holding both babies at once, which I have gotten quite good at, add the puking all over me (hence the reason I have given up showering all together) it would make anyone laugh, cry or in my case both!
I thought that the whole overwhelming wanting cry everyday thing would pass- hence that corner thing but all it takes is flying solo with all three kids and I want to cry.
As Carter told me on that day where it was just the 3 of us- “having babies is hard mama” (He wanted to cry and throw a fit which I usually let him- but I used that “tone” and insisted he would not because I finally got the babies asleep and put down in cribs)!
Yes it is hard. Especially when all three need your ninja mother skills of making the world right its wrongs.
I found a suggestion list on “balancing” (there is that word again) Twins & a Toddler. It was crap, not helpful at all really.
Because no one can offer you a real way to do it, to not make one of your children suffer horribly while you nurture the other (ok dramatization but you get the point).
It was useful for a good laugh or two!
Lets not forget that two preemie reflux-y babies have to be held upright for at least a half an hour- usually longer to avoid that whole puking thing & sometimes it doesn’t even help. They puke and cry anyway. Poor kids.
Talk about defeated. Suck-y ninja skills.
Talk about the toddler that has been dethroned & gets ignored.
Enter the trying to let him watch what he wants, eat what he wants and buy what he wants to offset guilt about ignoring the artist formerly know as prince.
I’m out of solutions.
I am waiting for this to get better.
Maybe it won’t.
Maybe the getting better part is me figuring it out
The babies sleeping
Or me just giving up on the picture!
Who knows?
It is obvious that I don’t!
Until then I think the whole surviving on 4 hours of sleep is catching up to me in a bad way! I’m delirious….
Either way I would be so screwed without Justin's Mom helping me!
No comments:
Post a Comment