Mama skills of holding both babies at once!
September 10, 2010
At least in this picture i have showered. That was as far as i got!
We survived with just 1 adult (me) & three kids all day- until Justin got home at 5:30pm. We all took our turns crying (ok I wanted to but couldn’t find the time). It was a little rough but maybe in the near future my mother in law can move back home & we can survive with intermittent help. (I want her to say but I’m sure she is getting over it)
So I was clipping the coupons from last Sunday’s paper & I started thinking. I am pretty sure I have turned into that crazy coupon lady no one wants to be behind in the checkout line. I sort all my coupons into Ziploc bags- diapers, food, toiletries, formula etc. and when I know we need something I take that coupon out and put it in another bag. Often times my trips to the store I don’t buy all the things I have coupons for with me. I end up having a giant stack no matter where I go & I end up rummaging through my pile as they are ringing it up.
I had a little incident at target the other night when my five dollars off formula coupons were not ringing up! They were from the manufacturer & I followed the rules on the sizing etc.
I had one baby in tow and a ton of crap. The clerk had to end up calling the manager over my two coupons. Most people would have let it go- but no way! That was a total of ten bucks off formula that usually costs sixty for two! The people behind me were annoyed & I got a little embarrassed but I ended up saving $59.89 total off my whole purchase.
(Lets not include I still ended up spending like $200.00). So I pretty much got the formula for free. So there, people!
That is so frustrating- the things we need & spend the most money on you have nothing to show for!
Here is my list of the top 3 lamest most vital purchases
1. Toilet paper- it is so expensive, we literally flush it down the toilet!
2. Diapers- same concept except they smell more & I think in our house we use more diapers than TP.
3. Paper towels- so I used to have a ban on paper towels- I refused to buy them. Not even because I am so environmentally conscious- because they are such a waste of money! With the amount of laundry I do a few more dish towels won’t hurt the ozone layer! After I had the twins & I have to air-dry bottles etc. Barbara started buying them again- they are at least $15.00 a pack.
*Bonus * Batteries- if you use the reusable they cost 3 times as much and have to be charged more frequently, so is all that electricity we are using so much better? With the amount of battery-powered objects in our house it would be a close call. We could cause a power outage. A possible power outage is worth the risk when my sanity is involved.
Carter was actually an angel today.
He may not have survived if he wasn’t.
I even had him help hold a bottle for Garrett in the Nap nannies. A friend lent us two-nap nannies- they are pretty amazing. I can actually put Garrett down in them after he eats right away! WOO HOO!
Heidi still needs that 90-degree angle.
They both woke up congested today & sitting in those chairs made it so they could breathe easier.
The manufacturer should pay me for my testimonial! Ha-ha
So I had the nap nannies on my California king bed + Carter + his cars. I ended up feeding babies in them & had Carter hold a bottle.
Don’t call CPS.
He noticed I was struggling and said “Mommy you have your two hands. I can help. Don’t smash the babies I need to feed them. If you don’t listen Mommy no buzz light year jammies for you, you understand me?”
He is my comic relief. I love him to pieces. He helped me all day and was so sweet to the babies it warmed my heart. I didn’t want to yell at him at all today.
Hooray for 2nd day of successful mommy day & no yelling.
Lets see what tomorrow brings.
Check out their head control!
1 comment:
The babies are doing amazing!!!! So are the rest of you.
Post a Comment