Friday, May 25, 2012

Humpty dumpty

My babies are two years old. TWO YEARS OLD! How did we make it here? I felt Motherhood was a challenging role for me with one child, let alone THREE! 
I am such a perfectionist that I want to do everything on some impossible master level of efficiency. 
I don’t do anything half hearted. I love big, I play big, I work big, I cry big, I struggle big, I also make up for in a big way. 
Those are the same things that make me a great Mommy and a Mommy that has a hard time dealing with the downs, the tantrums and the public disasters. Sometimes when we have these public disasters I am mortified, yet I keep taking all three kids out ALONE. 
One such disaster happened at Old Navy last week on a quest for some Avengers jammies for Carter.  I love to do fun things for my kids, love to find things that make them feel extra special. Things that will make them miss being little when they are big. 
Well let me just say that we (I) actually BROKE A MANEQUINN, it fell like humpty dumpy, it had a great fall, all the kings horses and all the old navy staff could not put him back together again. 
Luckily I did not have to pay for it!!! 
It all started going downhill when I could not find the right sizes of these said Avengers jammies. As a distraction I let all three run loose and get into a ball bin. WHAT WAS I THINKING? I soon realized that it was a temporary blip in sound decision making on my part, AFTER about seven balls were being flung in different directions, t-shirts thrown on the floor, and the bottom half of a shoe rack being dismantled. Abandon mission, nearest exit please!
 I managed to round up the kiddos, strap them into the wide load double BOB stroller and got in line. 
I really wish I could raise awareness about having enough room in stores and other buildings for double strollers; it is such a tight squeeze! It was this impossible tight squeeze that led to the death of the male mannequin. 
I still get embarrassed when my kids scream and throw fits in public. In order to be able to finish what I am doing I have to ignore them for a second or two, but yes I am well aware that they are screaming and kicking with everthing they have got! 
People just stare, it bugs me, and what can I do about it? 
NOTHING PEOPLE! I am only one person! 
Apparently I can take all my frustrations out on a inanimate object on display. 
Yes, it was me, I killed the mannequin by mistake in desperation to leave Old Navy as quickly as I could. 
My stroller could not make the tight squeeze, the mannequin suffered for the lack of space. In the future I will have to find a new location, one where my brood & I didn’t destroy the store

No comments: