October 28, 2011
What have we been up to lately? Currently- as in the last few days our entire house has been plagued with the stomach flu! Don’t be jealous, I’m sure you will get your turn too, whether or not you have the pleasure of cleaning up vomit from three kids I cannot make any guarantees! Poor babes!
We are back in the full swing of things after our trip, which included a plane ride to St. Louis to see some friends.
I have to say I thought it would be travel suicide taking all three kids on a plane but the whole way there they were angels! It was a smooth ride- tricked us into thinking it wasn’t that bad! Now the way home was the disaster I anticipated of crying restless babies, and rude people around us! Mommy was oh so fortunate to carry Garrett through out the airport in a carrier that he peed through all over me! I did not pack a change of clothes for myself- lesson learned! Walking around an airport with urine sticking to you- what a joy!
We did survive this vacation and may be crazy enough to do it again!
Can I just say that the double bob stroller changed my life? It was awesome because all three kids and all our junk were stowed on it for all our escapades, in the airport and out and about. Was worth every penny.
It was so fun to see our friends- John, Delaina, Jonah and their new baby Josh (who happened to be conceived at our house- so special), and we can’t forget auntie Crystal!
While in St. Louis we took the kids to the Zoo, Grant’s Farm, a few awesome parks with leaves to play in complete with slides and swings- always a hit & lets not forget the few fortunate restaurants we frequented (five adults + five kids).
Carter, Heidi & Garrett got to feed a camel (random), and some goats. The camel nibbled both the babies hands, so Heidi was afraid after that to go near the animals. Garrett kept trying to sit on the goats and would get mad when they bit his ear and chewed on his hair! They fed the goats bottles after we made sure the twins did not drink the milk first!
I love this toddler age, watching them explore and react to the world around them- it is a lot of work but they are so cute!
I am pleased to say that the St Louis Target was just as amazing as ours at home! Here are some of our favorite pictures from the trip!
Oh ( because how much can I possibly cram in this post) the babies started singing “ apple, apple a, a, a, baby, baby, ba, ba, ba!” It was the cutest thing ever! They are talking so much now- both in their own language just to each other and to us! I love me some baby talk!












No comments:
Post a Comment