Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The sum of my parts





What can I say besides I am in DESPERATE need of sleep.
Good thing I have a husband who understands when I have had enough and sends me to bed.
He knows that a happy wife is a happy life.
Sometimes all my parts malfunction.
I break down.
Sometimes I struggle,
(Okay a lot of times) I struggle and wonder how will I make it?
I or should I say WE always do end up okay.
Good thing I have a husband who is cautious in his commitments and leaves plenty of time for "others" like angry birds. So much that in a few days he has mastered the game.
Always manages his minutes so well. I think he was born that way .
Me- I have to "miss" a lot before I get it right.
I have always been that way.
BUT
I always keep at it, tired or well rested
falling apart or whole
There are things about my life that I hate doing but know that I have to-
Like working night shift because it is the best for those three little birds we have
or doing laundry. Clean underwear is a must.
I have never been good at being still.
I like busy.
I like well rested busy, even if that is a figment of my imagination.
Parts collide.
Feeling that all the parts in my life feel part time
My parts as I wish they were
decent worker
good student
Great Mom
Excellent wife
Awesome elsewhere
The reality is that sometimes I am lame at meeting the needs of the parts.
Sometimes they overlap in a messy way, like a puzzle that doesn't quite fit...
That mess is who I am
The mess is the laundry that is never done, the assignment turned in last minute, clocking into work two minutes late, being grumpy because of sleep deprivation, playing with my kids instead of doing other things that need to be done, having my head in a cloud or two...
I hope that the messy parts add up to make me whole enough
If not then hopefully
God can take care of the rest of that "whole" business

No comments: