Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lighthouse

Lighthouse

March 31, 2011

I was thinking today how mixed up I get sometimes about what direction I want to go in, how I try to map out life and take too many roads.

I have a hard time staying the course before I get distracted and am off running on a new path or crazy adventure.

I am 29. There was a time when that seemed so distant, that the time would never come when I would be a grown woman, raising three kids and (trying) to balance my “outside” dreams.

Most of being able to do so is because of my husband. Maybe even more than most of the time

He is the ever steady, firm, consistent Lighthouse, I am a ship sailing in the ocean at night that would lose direction without his guiding light to remind me where I am going and how to get there!

Justin is strong and steady, solid like a rock.

I am strong because I can keep the ship afloat with waves, storms and unknowns. But I tend to suffer some collateral damage in the process.

Sometimes my type of strength feels weak in the storm but I have the lighthouse shining its beam to remind me of my mission.

So for today I am relying heavily on my lighthouse to ground me and stay afloat amidst the waves.

Just trying not to sink my ship.

No comments: