After a VERY stressful week on the Pediatric ICU I needed a pick me up! I decided that a trip to the ocean is always soothing, a time to enjoy some of God's artistic creations! I love the sound of the waves and the smell of the ocean! I wanted to go to a beach that I haven't been to before and my friend Kellie suggested Laguna beach. We are only a little over an hour away if we take the toll roads. Carter had a melt down and screamed most of the way there but fell asleep about 20 minutes before we got there. When he woke up he was his usual happy self:)
Last year in Hawaii Carter was terrified of the ocean and the waves so I didn't know what to expect this trip. Turns out that I had to keep him from running into the ocean without me! I waded out to about waist high water so the waves wouldn't be too strong but enough for a thrill! Carter loved it- he kept shrieking " oh momma a big one" and " there it is wave!"
I kept getting knocked over by the waves so we just sat at the shoreline and waited for the waves to get us. Needless to say that it was freezing!
After we swam, ate lunch and played in the sand we went for Gelato! Carter told me that "pick chocolate and strawberry" so that was the flavor I got him. I have learned as he gets older not to share ice cream because I won't get any! He decided he liked mine better and said "I share momma" how nice that he would share my ice cream:)
Kellie and Kate each ate their own ice creams in peace;) We always have fun outings with the kiddos and today was a day I want to remember!
4 comments:
Looks like you had a great time. Miss you!
Looks like you had a blast! My boy is still scared of the sand and ocean...hopefully he'll grow out of it!
I miss you like crazy! Your hair is getting so long. How are you?
We are doing very well thank you. And not sure what I want from the business yet...but definitely earning a car wouldn't be a bad deal. :) Your family is too cute! Love the beach pictures. Makes me want to go now.
Post a Comment