This post is dedicated to my youngest child Garrett.
Ahh where do I start to describe the spectrum of life this little one offers to us on a daily basis?
I shall start at the very beginning, with the inspiration for this post.
It can also be dedicated to
a little product that I am boycotting for eternity as of yesterday.
Not because it does not work well for it's intended purpose, or because of any other reason except that it is impossible to clean when used outside of curing diaper rash.
I cannot get it off the walls, cannot get it off the crib, cannot seem to get the hair clean after it's protective coat has set!
What is this mystery product? DESITIN.
Who knew it could double as wall paint? Air freshener? Carpet cleaner? Shampoo?
In my book it has now beat out cleaning syrup out of the carpet (also a Garrett move) as the WORST EVER, HARDEST TO GET OUT SUBSTANCE. UGH. QUADRUPLE CAPS LOCK!
Well how would I know this? Why on earth would I risk disrupting
the peaceful slumber of two toddlers?
Sometimes my sweet little ones strip down to their birthday suits at night. Not sure if this is a protest to bedtime, clothes or diapers but I hope it is just a phase that will pass sometime in the very near future.
I went in to check on the sleeping children, and reclothe as needed. Part of my nighttime routine.
Instead of naked babies I find a tube of said diaper cream in the crib.
Except there was not a drop of cream in the tube.
It was squirted in plops on the carpet.
It was smeared in the most abstract way on the wall.
It was rubbed in better than shampoo in his curly blonde hair.
It was an unmitigated disaster.
At 0230 AM.
I wish I could say that I laughed, and I'm sure eventually I will appreciate the humor.
But REALLY?
Where does this kid come up with this stuff?
The truth is that I laugh at him a lot.
He is hilarious.
Like roll on the floor hilarious.
IF I can look past the messes he makes.
Right now he is really into shopping carts.
We are on our second one for him.
He is our little hobo.
If something is missing we check his shopping cart.
It has everything we/he could ever need.
A few snacks, milk cups, underwear, clothes, onions, apples, and his siblings most prized possessions.
Even my perfume.
It went missing for a touch of time and on occasion I would smell it on him.
When I have raided his shopping cart he seems to get ahold of these items anyways.
He stashes them in his backup hiding place-his crib! I suspect that is how the diaper cream made its appearance in the middle of the night.
I suppose it takes a long time for him to fall asleep and he makes sure that he has things to keep him occupied.
He is my "WHY" child. When I do not give an adequate reason he will sometimes say
"Why Mommy? Because? Ok".
He won't keep clothes on since we potty trained, it must be too liberating to be naked.
He is so affectionate. So passionate. So curious. So bright. So stinking cute to me.
He always has a huge smile on his face and squeals with excitement over everything.
He loves the color green. He reminds me everyday of what he loves.
He rocks the disheveled look well, with unruly curly blonde hair.
He loves to get into everything.
Explore the texture, use and functionality of EVERYTHING.
He loves to take everything apart!
He takes everything in stride. He will try anything, declaring his independence to the world by saying "Garrett do it"
His zeal is contagious.
He is so full of life & Desitin (at least until I figure out how to clean it up).

No comments:
Post a Comment