Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bathroom mystery

September 5, 2010

Armor All, car wax & soap

I fell like I say the same things over and over again.

I stress about the same things over and over again.

I am grateful about the same things over and over again.

I’m sensing a pattern (all you criminal minds fans out there, haha).

So last night I worked a 12-hour shift at Kaiser ER, the whole shift was time & ½. SCORE!

Nursing schedules & pay scales are amazing. Highly recommended.

I love it! It feels good to work a little bit again.

We need the money now that I have been off work so long & I like to get out.

It also fills my need for drama, tragedy & comedy.

Oh wait- I get that at homeJ

I like other people’s drama- I just don’t want it in my life.

Enter the dramatic 20 something drunk out of her mind, having to be sedated and restrained, watching her hit on the tech that was trying to get her under control. Kind of funny, something is wrong with me I know but laughing makes my world a little brighter.

Last night the babies BOTH SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT FOR JUSTIN!

I’m glad they did, I just wish they would do it for me!

I swear kids have this special radar/ homing device to know whether or not their Mom is around, because they do not grace me with a full night of sleep! Tragic.

Could have been that Justin closed their door, closed our door & put the baby monitor on low- so unless they screamed bloody murder he wasn’t getting up. It’s a good thing they slept because this will make it easier for me to work night shift.

I will be the only one that remains sleep deprived. Oh lucky me.

I am hoping soon we get in a routine- mainly ensuring all three little people are down by 0830pm.

That is when sanity returns.

That is when I can go for a run, do homework, clean up the house and enjoy the silence.

I am a better mother when my kids sleep.

I need the silence.

Especially when Carter answers everything with a question. Sometimes I run out of creative explanations & just want him to STOP talking.

He still gives me the biggest laugh in my day. Comedy.

He now requires more supervision than a crawling baby.

After both babies were fed & bathed I noticed the silence (not the good kind- the kind where you know that someone is into something he is not supposed to be).

I found him in the bathroom.

There was a huge mess of white foaming stuff, & the cabinet under the sink was open with cleaning supplies. After trying to figure out what it was- I decided he used a bottle of amour all, dish soap & car wax. It was all over the cabinet, toilet, floor & shower. I asked him what he was doing? Carter said “ Mama I am just spraying the flies”. Nice. Super greasy too! Dramatic.

Another thing Carter has discovered is standing on the arm of the couch and doing a summersault onto the sectional. He is so wild. Dangerous too! He discovered how to open the deadbolt on the front door. He is going to be letting all the Jehovah witness’ in to convert us.

The garage door repairman rang the bell. Carter opened the door to let him in; he let Nyla our 120lb Rottweiler out too.

Our dog won’t come when called anymore.

Probably because I never walk her or pay attention to her anymore- she is so neglected! She is officially a couch dog. We now have to get in the car & open the door & coax her inside to get her home. We were able to track her down a few streets over & get her in the car.

So I can’t park the car in the garage (because it is getting fixed) to get Nyla back in the house, before I put her leash on Carter lets her out again. Chasing a dog is so much fun.

I caught him scaling the outside of the staircase too- he climbed up to the second story on the outside of the banister.

Fun times.

How do I keep a three-year-old boy safe? Are broken bones inevitable? It will be more amazing when the babies are crawling around too! Got to go- Heidi is working on a massive poop & I don’t feel like wearing it tonight!

No comments: