Wednesday, May 12, 2010

31 weeks

I had another OB appt. yesterday- at 31 weeks. I was beginning to think we would make it through to 37 weeks and I would have to be induced because things were going so well the last few weeks! Bummer. Turns out I will probably give birth in the next two weeks which is scary. I am already 3.5 cm dilated, 80% effaced, and station +2. My uterus is just over  40 cm as well. I am praying so hard for a few more days or weeks, but if not then that they will do well and not have to be intubated too long or need too much medical intervention. 
I was looking at a twin book I had and it showed footprints of a 30 week baby, my index finger was longer than one foot. They were so small I cried. 
The positive thing is that I have still had frequent but IRREGULAR contractions, so I am technically not in active labor yet. Hopefully we can make it to 32 weeks or even past it. 
Now I am on strict bed-rest and laying flat with knees together. 
Another good thing is that Justin came home last night and will take me back to the hospital today for more monitoring and steroid injections. 
PLEASE KEEP US IN YOUR PRAYERS THAT GARRETT & HEIDI WILL BE HEALTHY EVEN IF THEY ARE BORN VERY SOON! 
Thank your for all your love and support, it does not go unnoticed! :) 

3 comments:

The Plum Verbena said...

Lots of prayers for you and the babies!!!

pomai♥stephen said...

aww you are def in our prayers! these babies will be beautiful and healthy!

Greg and Melissa said...

Thinking of you and your babies!